Weird weather w climate change inc winter tornadoes in warm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Martin W
    Participant

Yes, it’s tough to point to any one weather event, and say it’s because of global warming; but some odd things are notable, fit the theory/thesis that major changes are happening to the world’s climate. For instance, in news right now:

Quote:
      A freak cluster of tornadoes raked across an unseasonably warm Midwest, demolishing houses, knocking railroad cars off their tracks and even temporarily halting justice in one courthouse. Record temperatures were reported across much of the country Monday, and storms continued to pummel the nation’s midsection as darkness fell. More storms were in store for Tuesday. Tornadoes were reported or suspected Monday in southwest Missouri, southeastern Wisconsin, Arkansas, Illinois and Oklahoma. Two people were killed in Missouri. Eleven houses in Wisconsin’s Kenosha County were destroyed, five others had heavy damage and four had moderate damage, authorities said. About 13 people were injured, none seriously. "I have never seen damage like this in the summertime when we have potential for tornadoes," Sheriff David Beth said. "To see something like this in January is mind-boggling to me. This is just unimaginable to me."

Rare Winter Tornadoes Rake Midwest

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.