Reply To: Migrating Mambo 4.5.2.3 to Joomla 1.0.11

Martin W
Participant

Some days later:

I had a torrid time after making the above post!

Spent hours as found and “wrestled with” major problems.

After things seemed ok, and installed Joomlaboard, and OpenSEF (to replace Xaneon Extensions), the site just stopped working.
    Visiting site, pages just blank, or showing brief text like “Welcome to DocMartin” and nothing else.

I couldn’t figure why – was it problem with URLs: tried purging all “friendly” URLs, but still no good. Couldn’t see if an issue with Joomlaboard.

Thought perhaps a Joomla file or several hadn’t uploaded properly – and started using FTP to re-transfer several of these, after checking dates listed for files on server (some seemed to have not been changed).
    Still no use until, at last, tried one main index.php – and suddenly, all was well: Phew!

All well, that is, with main Joomla!
    Joomlaboard here for some reason has problems when to list forums and categories: error messages on top; and last post dates (in forums) all from 1969. Looked at Joomlaboard forums; seems such errors fairly common, but no solutions posted. I’ve posted about this, too; had brief reply, but as yet no solution.

Also followed by installing Gallery 2.1 and G2 Bridge: took some time, but went well, and seems a good improvement – inc for gallery appearance. (Importantly, too, works with Gd editor: my host has disabled things needed for other editors as security measure, so been a while since I’ve added photos.)