Reply To: No English language eBay in Hong Kong

Anonymous

Well I too am in a similar situation. I am in Beijing and I want an ebay account based here.

I took the above advice and registered a UK account and then changed the address to my Chinese address. I then got a message with a slimy message saying congratulations on my move and then some link to companies who could help me ship my belongings.

I have just tried to sell an item – I can get all the way through the listing process until the final step when I try to make the item live.

I then get a message saying that my ID has to be confirmed. To do this I have 3 options

Link your verified PayPal account to your eBay account
    If you’re already PayPal Verified, just link your PayPal account to your eBay account.

Provide your bank account information (recommended)
    Use our quick, easy process to securely provide us with your bank account information.

Provide your debit or credit card information
    PayPal will ask you to provide debit or credit card information and follow a few steps to become PayPal Verified.

The first would make the most sense – I have a verified paypal account. However when I choose that option it takes me to a Chinese PayPal page, using Chrome I translated it and selected the necessary options to link the accounts. Upon going back to ebay and trying to list the item I get the same “Id confirmation” message… and so the loop begins again.

The second option is the one where PayPal deposits 2 amounts into your account for verification – but this usually takes days.

The third option takes me to another ebay page that tells me to go to PayPal and to Click the Get Verified link under the heading Activate Account.

I dont have that heading. But trawling through paypal help pages I found how to link my accounts together. Upon linking them I returned to ebay. I tried to list an item, guess what? Same message

“Attention:
    To keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell, we ask our members to confirm their identity. This doesn’t mean there’s a problem, but before you can continue, we need a little more information from you.

We’ll ask you to confirm your identity by linking your account to PayPal or by providing us with additional information.

Please click the button at the bottom of the page to continue.

So – here I am several hours later. As requested I have linked my ebay account to my paypal account not once but three times. Twice through ebay and once through PayPal and still no progress.

I am going to go and try to link my bank account – although I am not holding my breath for success because it is a Chinese account… oh well, here goes.