Piece in the Times has list of 10 major predictions on climate change that have come true, as well as 10 biggest changes to weather, and 10 animals / places that are most endangered.
1) That the Earth would warm as more CO2 was put into the atmosphere (Svante Arrhenius in 1893)
2) That we'd begin to see noticable changes to Earth's climate by around 2000 (some IPCC scientists ).
3) That sea-level would start rising
among weather changes:
1) Shorter winters
2) Less runoff into dams and reservoirs in many regions of the world
3) More violent and longer hurricanes
among most endangered animals / places:
1) The glorious Cape Botanic province in South Africa, particularly the succulent Karoo flora.
2) Amphibians everywhere (a third of all species are already gravely endangered or extinct.
3) Coral reefs
Ten">http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/... predictions about climate change that have come true Here are the hard facts about global warming that everyone should know, compiled for Times Online by internationally acclaimed writer, scientist and explorer Tim Flannery, author of The Weather Makers: Our changing climate and what it means for life on earth