Henry Niman: prophet of doom for the Internet

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    imported_Martin
    Participant

Just got to wondering about Niman and his promised "shock and awe" – which, like so many of Niman’s predictions, failed to materialise. Googled, and came across a post by joker called Nimon, from 31 March 2007: Shock and Awe has been postponed to April 23, 2007. Discussion at: www dot recombimaniacs dot com/ShockAndAweRescheduled/IMeanItThisTime.html [sadly, defunct]

imported_Martin
    Participant

Belatedly come across CurEvents.com thread – June last year – on Niman being banned for a week from Fluwiki; notes he had also been banned for a week from CurEvents. [forum closed]

Niman banned again

some entertaining posts; some batty stuff – as you'd expect – from Niman supporters, or "Nimatoads" as one person calls them. Best post, to me, is by supermoderator Clawdia, who replies to:

Quote:
    How many of the niman acolytes do you think are actually Niman himself? Some of them have been active over at fluwiki blasting the moderators for their action and predicting the end of fluwiki. Yawn.

– with post including:

Quote:
    Enough of 'em have been at it so hard and heavy that the same thing occurred to me, Mo'! It seems that some would be unable to fail to notice the pattern that recurs – Niman comes in like god reincarnate Niman gets a bunch of people on the bandwagon Everyone who isn't on the bandwagon becomes a troll Niman repeats himself ad nauseum, with no hard data People question Niman, only to be told they are trolls When enough of the smart folk get sick and tired of the nonsense and his attitude, finally he gets either banned or temporarily suspended. Like a dog with its tail 'twixt its legs, he slinks off into the dark.

Niman still spouting nuttiness; email just in from David:

Quote:
    Hello.  I’ve spoken to you a few times in the past, by email, about Henry Niman.  I REFUSE to put the word "Doctor" before his name.  I just found it amusing last week, to watch him and his "Nimanites", as you say (lol)…  GUESS at what an undiagnosed illness on the Prince of Wales island of Alaska, was.  Of course, we all know what Niman thought it was.  BIRD FLU!   Then comes ALL the speculation.  One member of the board will try to give a RATIONAL explanation of what it could be… and this person gets verbally assaulted by Niman.  So… apparently…  HIS word… is LAW.  He says its bird flu, and you DONT argue with him.  Right?  Well… what did it turn out to be?  Adenovirus 14.  A very NASTY… COLD!  That killed one person that already had an existing lung condition.  And was also elderly.  After this came out…  i actually saw a member on the board… THANKING Niman for all the "research" he did on this.  I’m like… THANK HIM FOR WHAT???  All he did was GUESS the same thing he ALWAYS guesses.  Bird flu.  Hes even got something about this Adenovirus 14 on his website, and STILL didnt even MENTION that as a possibility.  So, what do they THANK him for??  He belittles everyone that does NOT have the same opinion as him, and they THANK him.  I dont get it. I told him hes lucky i’m not a member of that board.  Cause if he smarted off to me the way he has some people…. hed be grabbing a dictionary looking  to see what all those words meant, that i called him!  Then i’d call him up and tell him off personally!   I wish i knew what this mans motive was…  what his PURPOSE is.  I emailed him once and told him if he knows so much and is so brilliant… then, come up with a VACCINE for bird flu, so we wont have to worry about it anymore.  Stop wasting your time sittin behind a computer typing bullshit commentaries and posting bullshit on message boards… and try to HELP the situation.  Apparently thats not what hes interested in.  Hes got another motive…. just not sure what, yet.    Anyway, i knew he wasnt one of your favorite people either, so i just wanted to verbally bash him, to someone that might appreciate it.  lol  Thanks for reading!
    Anonymous

There’s a new map making the rounds, http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=p&msa=0&msid=106484775090296685271.0004681a37b713f6b5950&source=embed&ll=17.14079,-45.175781&spn=114.994624,178.59375&z=3
    now on Swine flu. Lots of unconfirmed cases and “sightings”. Some of these will obviously turn out to be real, but I can’t think that panic helps us more than intelligent preparation.

I’d thought this situation seemed custom made for Niman: fears re a pandemic; some info, but much unknown, many people wanting to find more – a ripe situation for fear-mongering.

Seen that Niman has already announced a pandemic; not sure how many pandemics he has announced so far… Bet those acolytes who kept the flu faith are well excited.

Anonymous
    Anonymous

Thanks for this detailed report, this kind of alarmist pseudo scientist is spreading fears all over the web :o(

Anonymous

Martin Williams wrote: "I’d thought this situation seemed custom made for Niman: fears re a pandemic; some info, but much unknown, many people wanting to find more – a ripe situation for fear-mongering.[ Seen that Niman has already announced a pandemic; not sure how many pandemics he has announced so far… Bet those acolytes who kept the flu faith are well excited."

WHO declares swine flu pandemic June 11, 2009 – CBC.news Swine flu, or H1N1 influenza, has reached the pandemic level, the World Health Organization warned Thursday — marking the first time it has called a global flu epidemic in 41 years. "The world is moving into the early days of its first influenza pandemic in the 21st century," WHO’s director-general, Margaret Chan, announced in Geneva after consulting health experts in an emergency meeting." http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/06/11/swine-flu-virus-who-pandemic.html

Anonymous

I just came upon your site and your comments about Niman. The date is Sept 5, 2009 and nearly 3000 have died worldwide and the H1N1 pandemic is killing schoolchildren in America. Care to qualify your scoffery? I think Niman is saving lives right now. And you??

Exactly which lives are being saved by Niman?

H1N1 might be killing people, but death rate similar to seasonal flu. Article notes it tends to be milder in children.

Maybe read above info, re Niman and his multitude of errors and gross exaggerations ("shock and awe" predicted for bird flu…). He thrives on such things.

Anonymous

Pretty interesting – and disgusting -that this website still exists to knock the one person that has been right on this pandemic all along. Peer review is good only when the peers are ready to recognize new ways of thinking. Why would anyone with a completely different theory ask those who have had their heads stuck in the sand to comment on what they see?

I am now and have been a Niman supporter and am proud of it!

Anonymous

I Have read with great interest your take on what I would call Dr Henry Niman’s pseudoscientific position regarding Bird Flu Swine Flu and the like. When he is asked for scientific proof for the isolation, electron micrographs, and biochemical characterization methods of such alleged deadly ‘pathogenic viruses’ he dismisses you as a nut case and never answers the question.

My research has led me to the conclusion (uless proved otherwise)that such deadly ‘pathogenic viruses’ do not physically exist. Why? Because NOBODY to date has ever isolated a complete ‘pathogenic virus’, I have asked many of the so-called self-proclaimed scientific ‘experts'(including Henry Niman)for the proof but NONE has been forthcoming. Until the proof is provided the likes of the Flying Pig Virus H1N1 will remain a virtual reality on Henry Niman’s computer.

I am currently debating with him now(or at least I am trying to). For all those who are interested I’d say its a must read – here’s the URL http://www.virology.ws/2009/11/24/the-d225g-change-in-2009-h1n1-influenza-virus-is-not-a-concern/

Best to all

Tony

Anonymous

Henry, regarding the Minnesota case and the CDC claim.

The first point to make is that the CDC report that you mention does not explain precisely how the samples were taken from the diseased patient e.g. did they come from fresh uncultured plasma or something else? The CDC states that it used a ‘functional assay’ test to ‘confirm’ that specimens obtained from the other collaborating organizations proved positive for the alleged (tr) H3N2 influenza viruses. This is not a direct test for virus. If pathogenic viruses allegedly use cells to reproduce billions of copies and release their progeny into the extracellular fluid, then it should soon become loaded with virions. Therefore no misleading INDIRECT functional methods of virus detection would be necessary. That is because the virus would be so abundant that it could be easily and directly isolated from the plasma by centrifugation techniques free from all contaminants.

To arrive at what the CDC alleges to ‘confirm’ presupposes such an isolated virus free from contaminants. However, correct me if I’m wrong, but the CDC does not claim that anyone actually isolated the virus, or confirm that any of the organizations did so that conducted the initial testing! In that case, if the CDC used an indirect functional method to confirm the alleged virus we would need to know exactly if any of the other organizations involved ‘structurally’ isolated ‘the virus’. However, there is no reference to any such claim, and if there was, electron micrographs are certainly required of anything that is claimed to be a complete isolated virus particle.

Further, there is nothing in the CDC FluView report that warrants the conclusion that the CDC or anybody else has effectively isolated a complete viral genome, or that the alleged ‘virus’ was THE CAUSE of any ‘infection’. At best it’s all speculation and poor science until proven otherwise. What is worse, those who should know better are going along with the charade.

Dr Tom Lankering made a recent comment in The Aspen Times (24.12.10)

In my recent studies I have been enlightened by some interesting information about the flu vaccines. A systematic review of 51 studies involving 260,000 children age 6 to 23 months found no evidence that the flu vaccine is any more effective than a placebo in that group.

A JAMA study showed the incidence of clinical influenza in the vaccinated group was 2 percent but in the un-vaccinated group it was only 3 percent. This means that out of 100 people, one person was attributed with avoiding the flu because of the vaccine.

If it turns out that there really are no ‘pathogenic’ flu viruses then why are people being vaccinated?????????$$$$$$$$$$$$

Regards,

Tony

Anonymous

Here are some of my comments re Henry Niman and the alleged H1N1 Swine Flu virus. They appeared on the Virology Blog site about a month ago. When I have tried to post valid comments since they are usually ‘hijacked’ like the mythical virus that is supposed to ‘hijack’ susceptible cells and be the sole cause of Swine Flu.

Since the belief in ‘pathogenic viruses’ has become so entrenched in the collective psyche one might as well talk to a brick wall as enter into a discussion regarding the actual scientific proof of their existence with Dr Niman! I hope that what follows makes this point perfectly clear to everyone.

Henry Niman 1 month ago.

November J Virology, doi:10.1128/JVI.01136-10, shows D225G transmits via aerosol droplets in ferrets and guinea pigs and binds to alpha 2,3 AND alpha 2,6 as stated previously (and as is OBVIOUS from sequence analysis of pH1N1 fatal cases in Ukraine and Russia).

Discussion of paper at
    http://fluboard.rhizalabs.com/…

Tony 1 month ago in reply to Henry Niman

Henry, you keep going on about gene sequences allegedly obtained from H1N1 isolates but you can’t grow isolates without first isolating H1N1. You merely postulate the existence of H1N1 like everyone else but you cant prove scientifically that it even exists can you other than a virtual reality on your computer.

Henry Niman 1 month ago in reply to Tony

No one questions the existance of H1N1 except internet nut cases, posting anonymously and frequently.

Henry, nobody questioned the existence of phlogiston and dephlogisticated air until Antoine Lavoisier came along and discovered Oxygen. He put chemistry which was standing on its head squarely on its feet and he wasn’t a nut case. He couldn’t post anonymously and frequently because the internet wasn’t invented in 1775! If people prefer not to question the existence of H1N1 then that’s their bad luck, but until you can prove otherwise, and so far you have not done so it will remain a virtual reality on your computer.

The are thousands of public H1N1 sequences, from isolates, no pictures required.

Henry, electron micrographs (pictures) of the isolated virus in question are always required. If there is no virus then there is no picture to be required!

You are posting utter nonsense. H1N1 is quite real as is D225G. Your posts are “internet babble”, at best (no picture required).

Henry the questions that are being put to you are simple valid scientifc questions so why don’t you answer them in full, so others can decide whether or not I am posting ‘utter nonsense’ and ‘internet babble’ as you put it. Its fine to refer to peer reviewed stuff in journals but D225G is not the real issue here is it? And I think that you know that too well (or at least I hope that you do by now). Rather its the question of the isolation of the complete virus that D225G is allegedly derived from – who first isolated it, where, when, and what methods were used?
    The burden of scientific proof is on you my friend, not me, and so far you have delivered diddly squat – and all that you have delivered to date are a series of vague references to journals that can only speculate on the origins of D225G in the absence of an isolated virus.
    You have also turned me into a parrot because I have to keep on repeating my questions over and over because you either cannot or will not answer them and trying to dismiss them on the ‘utter nonsense’ or ‘internet babble’ excuse. Shame on you Henry!

Regards to all,

Tony

Anonymous

Niman is at it again. While the people of north-east Japan is struggling to survive under terrible circumstances, Niman predicts:

FUKUSHIMA RADIATION RAISES H5N1 PANDEMIC CONCERNS.
    “The worsening situation at the Daiichi nuclear power facility in Fukushima, Japan increases concerns that the H5N1 circulating in wild birds and poultry in the region will be impacted by the release of ionizing radiation. This radiation can lead to rapid evolution of clade 2.3.2 H5N1, which may lead to selection of changes that increase transmission in humans in the region. These changes could quickly spread through displaced persons living in crowded conditions that are far from ideal”.

I.e. Nothing is so bad that it can´t get worse with a nice P/H5N1…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.